Estimating Edge’s team of experienced construction professionals and software engineers have developed the industry’s smartest takeoff and estimating software solutions for competitive estimates.
Don’t just estimate faster. Estimate better.™
With Vendor Quotes, you will be able to send out a list of materials to your vendors, requesting prices. Then, when you receive the prices back from your vendors, you can compare prices and choose whichever price best suits your needs!
How to add a vendor:
- Go to The EDGE™ Administration Portal by clicking the grey gear in the top right corner of the screen.
- Once you are in the Administration Portal, go to the orange column on the left side of the screen, and clicked the drop-down arrow next to “Database.”
- Scroll down and click on “Vendors.”
- For adding a new vendor, click on the green button on the top right of the screen that says “Add.”
- A pop-up window will open. Fill in the boxes with the correct information.
Note: make sure the email address is correct, that is important.
Note: not every box needs to be filled in, such as notes.
- Make the vendor “Active” by clicking on the button next to “Active” so it shows green.
- Click the blue “Add” button in the bottom right corner.
How to send out quotes to vendors:
- On the material pricing screen, select the materials you want to get a price for by checking the boxes on the left side of the screen, next to each material.
- On the icon bar at the top of the screen click on the icon that says “Vendor Quotes” when you hover over it.
Note: it is directly to the right of the “Beacon Button.”
- This will take you to The EDGE Administration Portal, to the page that allows you to send out a Vendor Quote.
- Choose the date you want to receive the Vendor Quotes by, using the calendar bar on the top left of the page.
- If you have a reference number, fill in the bar that says “Reference No.”
- You can add any notes you have in the “Notes” bar on the top-right side of the page.
Note: You can tell the vendor the address of and name of the bid by clicking the buttons next to “Include Bid Location” and “Include Bid Name” until it shows green.
- On the left side of the screen under “Select Vendor(s)” choose which vendors you want to receive the quotes from.
Note: you can change the order quantity of the material you have selected to be sent to the vendors under the “Order Quantity” column.
Note: you can delete material items you no longer need by clicking the red “Remove” icon on the right side of the screen.
- Once you are ready, click the blue “Send” button in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- A pop-up will appear that allows you to have one final review of the information.
- Once you review that information and are ready, click the “Send” button in the bottom-right corner.
- Once you click “Send,” the vendors you have selected will receive an email saying you would like prices for the material items.
After you receive an email back from vendors with pricing:
Note: you will receive a notification bell in the top-right corner when this happens.
- Click on the bell icon in the top-right hand corner.
- Click on the job that you requested the quote.
- This will take you to the material pricing screen in that job.
- This will pull up a comparison of a quote from the two vendors.
- The prices highlighted in green are the lowest prices, and those prices are automatically selected under the “Choose Vendor” column.
Note: if both prices are exactly the same, the column is left blank.
Note: you can choose to take all material from one vendor by clicking on the “Choose _________” button, or the lowest prices by clicking the green “Choose Lowest Price” button.
- Once you have chosen, click the “Apply” button, and it will fill in the unit price you have selected for those items.