Estimating Edge’s team of experienced construction professionals and software engineers have developed the industry’s smartest takeoff and estimating software solutions for competitive estimates.
Don’t just estimate faster. Estimate better.®
The Beacon Building Products Button in The EDGE Estimator
- The Beacon Button can be found near the top of the material pricing screen, and allows you to place an order directly through the Beacon Pro Plus ecommerce site.
Note: if you are a current Beacon customer, you can turn on the Beacon button by sending an email to [email protected]. Be sure to include your account number in the email.
Here’s the process for placing orders through Beacon on The EDGE®:
- Mark the material items you want to include in the order by clicking the boxes on the left side of the screen.
- Click the Beacon button, which will then take you to the Beacon section of The EDGE Administration Portal.
- Designate action items in the boxes
- Click the drop down menu under “job number” and choose the job number you may need to include with the order
- Designate whether you will pick up the order at the Beacon warehouse (Pickup) or have it shipped to an address (Address).
Note: if you choose to pick it up at the local warehouse, you will need to choose a date and time to pick it up in the boxes below.
Note: if you choose to have it shipped, you will need to fill in your address information in the boxes below.
- You can include a note, such as if you are going to refer to a quote.
- If there is a purchase order number for Beacon, you will put it in the “Purchase Order No” box.
- If you are placing the order but do not have the authority to place the order, you can submit the order to get approved in the “Submit To” box.
- Once you choose items to be placed in the order, you will then need to map a Beacon SKU number for those items.
- To start, click the “Search” button next to the box under the “SKU” row. A pop-up box will open.
- Choose the manufacturer for the product you are mapping.
- Make sure the description for the product is right.
- Click the “Search” button.
- A list of products will appear, when you see the one you want click the “Choose this” button.
- Once you choose the correct one, the SKU number will be put into the box.
Note: once you’ve placed an order on a specific item, the SKU numbers will be remembered for next time, and put in automatically.
Note: if you want to delete an item from the order, all you need to do is mark the check box on the left, then click on the red trashcan icon on the right side.
A pop-up will appear, click “Yes.”
- To place the order, click the “Next” button in the top right corner.
- An order confirmation will appear.
Note: you have the option of downloading the order as an Excel file or PDF file. It will download locally before being sent to Beacon.
- Above the download buttons it will say, “To place an order, click here.” Click the word “here” to place the order.
Note: if you need approval for an order, it will send the order to the approver so they can look over it and place the order.
- Once you click the word “here” it will take you to a screen almost identical to the previous order screen.
- Once you are decide that everything is correct on that page, all you need to do is click the “Place Order” button in the top right corner of the screen.
- A pop-up window will appear, asking if you are sure you want to submit the order. Click the “Submit” button if you are.
- An order confirmation will then appear.