Estimating Edge’s team of experienced construction professionals and software engineers have developed the industry’s smartest takeoff and estimating software solutions for competitive estimates.
Don’t just estimate faster. Estimate better.™
SQL Instance Pipes Not Found (aka Error #2)
The connection to the network database has been lost the edge will now close; named pipes provider could not be open connection to Sequel Server.
A. Go to My Computer and right click. VISTA – 1. Go to Control Panel
1. Left click Manage 2. Adminasrative Tools
2. Double Click Services and Applications 3. Services
3. Double Click Services
4. Find the service SQL Server(THEEDGE) and double click.
a. Go to Log On Tab.
b. Select Local System Account
c. Check Allow Service to Interact With Desktop.
d. Click Apply and OK
5. Right click on SQL Server(THEEDGE)
6. Left click Restart.
DO NOT DO THIS (BELOW) UNLESS IT’S A LAST RESORT…. STAY OUT OF THEIR REGISTRY IF AT ALL POSSIBLE!
Steps 1 through 8 are performed on the LEFT side of the split screen
1. Click Start | Run
2. At the Open window type Regedit, then click OK
3. Double click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER
4. Scroll down and Double click on Software
5. Scroll down and Double click on Advanced Estimating Systems
6. Move down and Double click on TheEDGE
7. Move down and Double click on Estimator
8. Move down and Double click on Database
Steps 9 and 10 are performed on the RIGHT side of the split screen
9. Double Click on Local Database Instance.
10. Type theedge, Click OK and close out of registry.