Estimating Edge’s team of experienced construction professionals and software engineers have developed the industry’s smartest takeoff and estimating software solutions for competitive estimates. Don’t just estimate faster. Estimate better.
How to setup a KeySpan USB to Serial Adaptor
- Right click on My Computer and Left Click on Manage.
- Double click on Device Manager.
- On right screen find Ports (Com & LPT) and click on +
- Should see KeySpan USB Serial Port (ComX)
- X being com assigned by Keyspan.
- To change port number, if not 1, 2, 3, 4, double click on Keyspan USB Serial Port (comX)
- Click on Port Settings tab
- Click on Start Assistant.
- Click on port Mapping.
- At COM port mapping for selected adaptor port: click down arrow.
- Select a port 1, 2, 3 or 4 from list not in use. Only these will work with version 7.
(If the COM port down arrow is grayed out the USB port may be sleeping.)
- Click the Deleat All Keyspan USB Serial Adapter Com port Mappings.
- Remove the keyspan USB from the back of the computer.
- Hit OK to the Keyspan Assistant dialog window.
- Re-insert the Keyspan adaptor and click OK to the Keyspan Assistant Registry Clean window.
- This reassigns a free comport to the Keyspan device, but activates the drop down arrow next to comport mapping.
- Hit the down arrow at the port mapping and select a free comport of 1,2,3 or 4.
- This assigns that comport to the Keyspan USB adapter with a confirmation to follow.
- Back out of the device manager at this time.