Estimating Edge’s team of experienced construction professionals and software engineers have developed the industry’s smartest takeoff and estimating software solutions for competitive estimates.
Don’t just estimate faster. Estimate better.™
How to setup a KeySpan USB to Serial Adaptor
- Right click on My Computer and Left Click on Manage.
- Double click on Device Manager.
- On right screen find Ports (Com & LPT) and click on +
- Should see KeySpan USB Serial Port (ComX)
- X being com assigned by Keyspan.
- To change port number, if not 1, 2, 3, 4, double click on Keyspan USB Serial Port (comX)
- Click on Port Settings tab
- Click on Start Assistant.
- Click on port Mapping.
- At COM port mapping for selected adaptor port: click down arrow.
- Select a port 1, 2, 3 or 4 from list not in use. Only these will work with version 7.
(If the COM port down arrow is grayed out the USB port may be sleeping.)
- Click the Deleat All Keyspan USB Serial Adapter Com port Mappings.
- Remove the keyspan USB from the back of the computer.
- Hit OK to the Keyspan Assistant dialog window.
- Re-insert the Keyspan adaptor and click OK to the Keyspan Assistant Registry Clean window.
- This reassigns a free comport to the Keyspan device, but activates the drop down arrow next to comport mapping.
- Hit the down arrow at the port mapping and select a free comport of 1,2,3 or 4.
- This assigns that comport to the Keyspan USB adapter with a confirmation to follow.
- Back out of the device manager at this time.