Estimating Edge’s team of experienced construction professionals and software engineers have developed the industry’s smartest takeoff and estimating software solutions for competitive estimates.
Don’t just estimate faster. Estimate better.™
EDGE “freezes” when attempting to open lookup
EDGE “freezes” when attempting to open lookup database from within the condition property dialog, i.e. clicking on the triple dotted button, AKA ellipse, AKA browse button. The EDGE becomes seemingly unresponsive when the user is accessing the lookup database from within the condition properties to select a type.
In most cases what has actually happened is the lookup database window is opening on a second monitor which is either turned off or disconnected.
If the user can press the esc key and resume normal control of The EDGE then do the following, if not force quit The EDGE.
1. click the browse button
2. hold down the Alt key and press the space bar, release both keys
3. press the M key
4. press the up arrow key
5. move your mouse around until the window comes into view
6. drag the lookup database window onto the active monitor and click the left mouse button
7. maximize the lookup database window
8. close the lookup database window and click the browse button to verify that the lookup database window is focused on the current monitor.