Estimating Edge’s team of experienced construction professionals and software engineers have developed the industry’s smartest takeoff and estimating software solutions for competitive estimates.
Don’t just estimate faster. Estimate better.™
The EDGE – CQty’s (Condition Quantities)
Every standard line item will have a CQty assigned to it. You should check the CQty column of a condition as well as the CQty of an Item. The CQty dialog will display the CQty code currently assigned to each item. If you wish to change the CQty code open the Properties window and then select from the pick list in the CQty field.
For every condition (wall, ceiling, floor, etc), there are different ways to quantify your labor and material measurements. For example, materials may be sold by the piece or by the roll. Labor may be quantified in terms of how much area a worker can complete in an amount of time, he might be paid by the hour, or by the day. So the CQty tells the program how to quantify a particular condition’s measurements.
- A CQty for a drywall might be SA (square foot of board Side A)
- For roofing SQF (Squares of Field)
- For painting SFT (Total Square Feet)
CQty’s are created by the EDGE programmers to represent everything that you will estimate for your given trade, as users we cannot create CQty’s. Any CQty supports 0 or more Tilde codes, which can be numbers, text, feet/inches, inches, or decimals.
- There are two main sections on the CQty/Tilde dialog screen: Global Tildes and General Tildes.
- At the bottom of the dialog, you will notice a button called Invert. This dialog is programmed to show a tree with CQty’s listed first, and its related Tildes second. However, if you press the Invert button, it will show the tildes first and the applicable CQty’s second.