Estimating Edge’s team of experienced construction professionals and software engineers have developed the industry’s smartest takeoff and estimating software solutions for competitive estimates.
Don’t just estimate faster. Estimate better.™
With bid zones you can create zones across multiple pages or sections. You can create a bid zone and assign areas to the zone from multiple pages within the bid, then view your pricing, labor, pricing, and reports specific to that zone.
Note: you are going to want to create your bid zones on a completed takeoff on the takeoff screen.
- Go to the page description on the bid tree, on the left side of the screen, and click the page where you want to create your bid zone.
- Click on the “Create Zone” tool on the toolbar, which is two transparent squares overlapping with each other, located on the bottom of the right row.
- Go outside of the shapes that you want to include within the zone and click, creating a box around those shapes.
- Tap on the “Header” button on your keyboard.
- A pop-up will appear. Give your zone a name in the row “Zone Name.”
- This zone can be included with other zones on other pages within a larger bid zone by clicking the “three-dotted button” next to the box beside “Bid Zone.”
- A pop-up will open. Click on the blue plus sign at the top of the window.
- Give your first Bid Zone a name.
- Click the “Save” button.
- Click the “OK” button at the bottom of the window, then “Save” again.
- Move to the next page by clicking on the page you want on the bid tree.
- Follow steps 2-6 for creating another bid zone for this page.
- After clicking the three-dotted button, you can see that the bid zone name you gave the first page is there. Click on that zone and press “OK.”
- Click the “Save” button.
- If you want to create another Bid Zone, go back to the first page on your bid tree.
- Follow steps 2-10, but give your new Bid Zone a different name and color to differentiate the two zones.
Note: you can change the color in the “New Zone” window, underneath the “Bid Zone” box.
- Once again, move onto the next page you want to include.
- Follow steps 2-6 once again.
- Click the three-dotted button, and click on the second bid zone you just created to add it to the zone.
Once you are finished:
- Go to the “Pages” section in The EDGE™.
- Towards the top of the page, on the left side it says “Select Bid Zone” with a drop-down arrow next to it.
Note: if you do not select one of the Bid Zones, and go to the pricing, labor, recap, and reports you will be looking at the entire bid, not the zones you created.
- Click the drop-down arrow and select the Bid Zone you want.
- You will see the pages that fall within the bid zone highlighted by a red box.
- Now if you go to the pricing, labor, recap, and reports you will only those things that are included in the bid zone you selected.
Note: once you are on those screens, if you want to see the entire bid, click on the “Marked Zone(s)” button in the top left corner.
Note: on the “Pages” screen, you can still see the regular zones that fall under each page by clicking the “+” on the left side of the screen.
Note: you can reset your selections by clicking on the “__ zones selected spanning __ sections” button next to the “Select Bid Zone” box. It will then say “No Bid Zones Selected.”