Estimating Edge’s team of experienced construction professionals and software engineers have developed the industry’s smartest takeoff and estimating software solutions for competitive estimates.
Don’t just estimate faster. Estimate better.™
How do I backup my database in V10.7.6 or 10.7.7?
Follow these steps to backup your EDGE database in V10.7.6 or V10.7.7
- Open The EDGE (right click on the desktop icon and select Run as Administrator)
- Click on the Database drop down menu and select Create Database Backup File..
- If the option is greyed out, click Open Estimating Database… select the estimating database you wish to backup then click open and repeat step 2
- This will open the Create Database Backup File dialog
- Verify the backup file name and path. Click on the ellipse or triple dotted button on the right hand side of the Backup file name field to change the name of the backup file and/or the location to which it will be saved. (The EDGE can only backup to a local drive)
- Click Save
- Click OK
- You should receive a confirmation message that states “Database has been backed up successfully”
- You can now copy the bak file to a network or flash drive for safe keeping