Estimating Edge’s team of experienced construction professionals and software engineers have developed the industry’s smartest takeoff and estimating software solutions for competitive estimates.
Don’t just estimate faster. Estimate better.™
How do I backup my database in V10.7.3 or 10.7.5?
Follow these steps to backup your EDGE database in V10.7.3 or V10.7.5
- Open The EDGE (right click on the desktop icon and select Run as Administrator)
- Click on the Database drop down menu and select Utilities
- Then click on Create Database Backup File…
- This will open the Create Database Backup File dialog
- Your default alias will automatically be selected, if you wish to backup a different database (including your local jobs database in 10.7.5), select it in the Database alias drop down
- Verify the backup file name and path. Click on the ellipse or triple dotted button on the right hand side of the Backup file name field to change the name of the backup file and/or the location to which it will be saved. (The EDGE can only backup to a local drive)
- Click Save
- Click OK
- You should receive a confirmation message that states “Database has been backed up successfully”
- You can now copy the bak file to a network or flash drive for safe keeping.