Estimating Edge’s team of experienced construction professionals and software engineers have developed the industry’s smartest takeoff and estimating software solutions for competitive estimates.
Don’t just estimate faster. Estimate better.™
How to Digitize – Arrow
Arrows are used to call attention to something of particular importance on your drawing. Follow the instructions below to create arrows. To add an arrow(s) to your drawing click the Arrow icon.
- 1.Click the Arrow icon. The Shape Properties dialog open. On this screen you select you line style (solid, dashed, etc), line color and set the line width in points.
Note: Line width will take some getting use to, the line width does not auto adjust as you zoom in and out. You’re just going to have to practice and see what works and what is either to thin or to thick.
- After selecting style, color and width click the Arrow tab at the top of the dialog.
- Here, you are dealing with the arrowhead not the line.
- Once again select the arrowhead size, color, style.
- Ends lets you choose where the arrow head is to be located (start, end, both, none).
Note: Arrowhead size will take some getting use to, the arrow size does not auto adjust as you zoom in and out. You’re just going to have to practice and see what works and what is either to thin or to thick.
- After setup is finished click OK.
- You are returned to the Drawing screen.Use your digitizer pen to draw the arrow.
- Use your digitizer pen to draw the arrow.
- Remember what end the arrow is on if you are not using both.
- Digitize the beginning and ending points of the arrow.
- Press Enter as you are drawing in Length mode.
If you don’t like what you see you can fix it by using your mouse and clicking (selecting) the line. Once you have the handles, right click and the left click on. If you don’t like what you see you can fix it by using your mouse and clicking (selecting) the line. Properties the dialog properties will open again make your edit and click OK.