Estimating Edge’s team of experienced construction professionals and software engineers have developed the industry’s smartest takeoff and estimating software solutions for competitive estimates. Don’t just estimate faster. Estimate better.
SQL Database marked SUSPECT
Error message indicating SQL Database marked SUSPECT when user attempting to upgrade database, the automated process when a user upgrades for example from 10.5 to 10.6, the edge attempts to create a backup of the database before upgrading it to the current version.
Only known fix is to completely uninstall and reinstall SQL Server following the below steps:
– First go to “Add/Remove Programs” or “Programs and Features” and uninstall all applications that contain “Microsoft SQL Server” or “MSXML”
– Next browse to the Program Files folder and delete folders containing “Microsoft SQL Server” or “MSXML”
– Then run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, highlight any products containing “Microsoft SQL Server” or “MSXML”, and remove them.
– The next step may take awhile.
– Click on the start button and select run, type in regedit and click OK
– When the registry editor opens make sure Computer is highlighted on the left hand side.
– Then click on the Edit menu and select Find, type theedge into the find what field and click “Find Next”.
– Each time the search finds an entry you want to delete it, then click Edit and Find Next or press the F3 button.
– Repeat this until the search does not yield any results.
– Finally, restarting the computer should allow SQL Server to be reinstalled.