Estimating Edge’s team of experienced construction professionals and software engineers have developed the industry’s smartest takeoff and estimating software solutions for competitive estimates. Don’t just estimate faster. Estimate better.
The EDGE V7.x – Company EDB Error
Cannot open Edge for Windows Error opening Company.EDB
When this happens, it may be that the company .edb is truly missing or corrupt, or it may be that the Access program is corrupt.
– If problem occurs in version 7.6 – Delete The EDGE for Windows in the Registry and uninstall The EDGE for Windows. Then reinstall The EDGE for Windows from CD.
– If problem occurs in version 7.7 Delete The EDGE for Windows in the Registry and uninstall The EDGE for Windows. Next, iInstall The EDGE for Windows Version 7.6, then reinstall Version 7.7.
Other possible solutions
– Option A. Copy the Company.edb from another same version 7 computer and install it in the Registry of the problem computer.
– Option B. Uninstall The EDGE for Windows through Add/Remove programs, then reinstall with an EDGE CD. This is similar to running zapreg and solution 1 and 2 above.
– Option C.
1. Place and EDGE 7 CD in the CD Rom drive
2. Exit the install program
3. Explore the CD
4. Go to the MDAC folder
5. Double click mdac_typ.exe, this re-installs access and should fix the problem