The Estimating Edge, LLC. is looking for a well-qualified candidate to fill an opening in our Technical Support Department as a Training and Support Specialist. We are looking for someone who is comfortable using a computer and has good typing skills. Our preferred candidate is comfortable troubleshooting hardware and software issues. They should be comfortable presenting to a group of people. They enjoy working in a team environment.
Qualifications & Skills
– High School Diploma or GED
– Must be legally able to work in the United States
– Construction experience
– Engineering background
– Ability to read blueprints and construction estimating experience a plus
– Computer software experience
– Proficient with Microsoft Windows OS (XP, Vista, 7 and 8)
– Proficient with MS Office
– SQL Server and SQL Server Management Studio experience a plus
– Ability to speak clearly and accurately
– Demonstrated proficiency in typing and grammar
– The applicant will be required to pass a math test to determine their ability to understand and apply basic mathematical concepts correctly
– Team oriented and enthusiastic
– Ability to multi-task
Essential Job Functions
-Provide technical support to clients via phone, e-mail, and chat.
-Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
-Follow standard processes and procedures
-Accurately process and document all transactions
-Follow up and make scheduled callbacks to clients when necessary
-Training clients to operate and customize the program
-Out of town travel – This will vary in frequency but could be up to 50 percent.
-The ability to work and or travel on nights or weekends
-Must be able to sit for long periods of time
-Position requires the use of a headset\handset
Generous Benefits Package
-Medical, Dental, and Vision (Company will contribute a percentage of employee’s health care premium)
-Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
-401k with company match
-11 paid company holidays per year
-Paid Time Off
Boynton Beach, FL
As a technology leader in the AEC industry, the Estimating Edge http://www.estimatingedge.com has been a trusted provider of construction estimating software, called The EDGE™ for 30 years. The market leader, the Estimating Edge was the first company to build a solution that has a complete construction estimating solution–Takeoff and Cost Estimating in just one software application. The EDGE enables commercial subcontractors to prepare job estimates with greater accuracy, increased efficiency and consistent estimates across companies, resulting in better forecasting for job profitability.
After a recent acquisition, the Company is in the process of investing for the future – both in people and in products. The Company has experienced 50% growth in the last 18 months and expects to grow even faster over the next 18 months with the introduction of new products and the expansion into new markets.